Author Topic: Challenge 101  (Read 21045 times)

kvt85

Re: Challenge 101
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2019, 05:10:48 PM »
Around here they put the truck in a locked alarmed area or don't keep anything in it,  or it will be gone.   
Leave your house unattended to long and all the copper, brass and other stuff including the AC unit will be gone.  They have to put cages around them to keep them ion businesses.
And new houses do not install until you purchase the house.  It is a shame what the world is coming to.  But HD does have some in stock,  Or at least they say they do.
Ken in SA TX

Jet 10x24 and Taiwan 10x24
Enco 30 mill
Sherline Lath and mill

Bill Gruby

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2019, 11:50:49 AM »
I am struggling with an idea. So what if there is more than one of the same idea. Surely there will be some difference in them. What are your thoughts on this. There are 4 days left till we begin. Should be plenty of time in which to make a decision.

"Billy G"
I'm pretty sure that my last words will be, OH SHIT,THAT DIDN'T WORK.

Carpenter84

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2019, 01:38:51 PM »
Sure, why not? That's a bit closer to what my idea was for the challenge. To see different designs people come up with over the same idea.
Shawn

Bill Gruby

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2019, 01:53:32 PM »
That's OK but my thoughts were to have  different projects, not just one. I'm not changing it yet, I still believe in the original way.

"Billy G"

Carpenter84

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2019, 01:58:40 PM »
For sure. I just mean, I'd personally be fine if two projects are similar.
Shawn

Bill Gruby

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2019, 03:30:33 PM »
 The plus side is that it will probably draw more interest if we change it.

"Billy G"

woodchucker

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2019, 04:02:30 PM »
one can hope for more interest.
The last time was disappointing. 

Guys get off your duff and think...

Jeff
Clausing 8520   SB Model 9a - power hacksaw, Milwaukee band saw in a table.  Delta Rockwell Surface Grinder
For pics: https://imgur.com/user/woodchucker/posts

Remember measure once cut twice, or was the measure twice cut once...

Carpenter84

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2019, 04:45:58 PM »
Iím struggling to come up with an interesting idea... I have a few ideas, but it puts the tee in the background, or itís an impractical project for me that actually doesnít include any machining... which is then, just boring.
So, it seems we may all just be making various hammers. Haha. I definitely have an idea and a need there.
Shawn

Bill Gruby

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2019, 08:02:48 PM »
NOT AN ENTRY ----yet.  LOL

A single cylinder 4 stroke Internal Combustion engine, using the Tee for the block. How does that sound.  ROTFLMAO  I don't struggle . LOL

"Billy G"

Bill Gruby

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2019, 08:27:15 AM »
KICK-OFF IN JUST 2 DAYS    SEPTEMBER 1, 2019
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 08:47:25 AM by Bill Gruby »

Bill Gruby

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2019, 12:17:03 PM »
 I have made the decision, people doing like projects can do so. We are down to a single rule now and that is the "Brass Tee" must be used and recognizable when the project is completer. Minor modifications to its looks are OK.

That's it fellas, go for it.

"Billy G"

woodchucker

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2019, 02:44:20 PM »
Does that mean we don't need to notify you of what we are building, since they are allowed? We just go to it, so we are extending the build time?
Jeff
Clausing 8520   SB Model 9a - power hacksaw, Milwaukee band saw in a table.  Delta Rockwell Surface Grinder
For pics: https://imgur.com/user/woodchucker/posts

Remember measure once cut twice, or was the measure twice cut once...

Bill Gruby

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2019, 02:49:23 PM »
 I will post a thread on the first. If you are entering you put your name  and what your project is. You have 60 days to get the entry posted. The build starts onOct. 31. You have  45 days from Oct. 31 to complete it. Same goes for all entries. You may, if you wish,  enter more than once.

"Billy G"

Carpenter84

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2019, 06:11:21 AM »
A: I just noticed you said the winner gets the Connery book, lol. Not sure how I missed that.
B: 60 days to make a design? Are you expecting to see some kind of drawings or renderings? Etchings, perhaps?
C: you mention there can be more than one entries per person - if I happen to finish designing or even building the project early, I could start another idea/project and enter it?
Shawn

Bill Gruby

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2019, 07:34:09 AM »
  A --  Don't know how you missed it either Shawn. You want that book bad. LOL

B -- The 60 days is for you to think more. Only the name of the project is required at this time. No prints or anything else is required. Just your name and the name of the project.

C -- Just a YES is required to answer that one.

"Billy G"

« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 09:42:11 AM by Bill Gruby »