MANUAL MACHINES > Antique, hand powered and the like

1890's Flather Lathe

(1/2) > >>

Ulma Doctor:
For your viewing pleasure i have for you a 1890's Flather lathe
16" swing x 48" between centers
it originally ran on a lineshaft, but someone in the 40's or 50's changed it to a 3 phase motor driven machine

here is the pictures!

Carpenter84:
Long gone are the days when equipment, appliances, and machinery were made heavy duty, simple, but still elegant.
Nice lathe.

4GSR:
Love that 2 HP 1500 RPM motor!  You know that's old!

Interested looking taper attachment.  Wonder if that is home made?

Have you looked on Vintage Machinery website and see if a catalog is posted there?  If not, let me know, I may know of a copy of one that a old family friend of mine has.

Ken

Ulma Doctor:

--- Quote from: Carpenter84 on July 18, 2018, 05:57:38 AM ---Long gone are the days when equipment, appliances, and machinery were made heavy duty, simple, but still elegant.
Nice lathe.

--- End quote ---
the funny part is that all the parts move, freely!  :D

Ulma Doctor:

--- Quote from: 4GSR on July 18, 2018, 06:54:25 AM ---Love that 2 HP 1500 RPM motor!  You know that's old!

Interested looking taper attachment.  Wonder if that is home made?

Have you looked on Vintage Machinery website and see if a catalog is posted there?  If not, let me know, I may know of a copy of one that a old family friend of mine has.

Ken

--- End quote ---
Hi Ken
she's a work of art for sure!
the taper attachment was a factory deal, i'm missing a few parts to make it functional.
i'm looking for pictures of working models to try to replicate the missing parts if necessary
i'll take another look at VM and see if there is further info-
i'd be happy to get any info possible!!!
thanks!  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version