Author Topic: American Twist Drill Manufacturers  (Read 579 times)

Carpenter84

Re: American Twist Drill Manufacturers
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2024, 05:46:55 PM »
It isn't as bad if you know prior to purchasing what you are getting like I did. Not so good if you have high expectations and get a real turd.

That's the hard part. When you buy something that USED to be good only to find out it's a turd...
Hopefully you only bought one, and not a whole set, or sets... Ask me how I know...
Shawn

Uncle Buck

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2024, 06:42:15 AM »
Since I knew I was buying turd bits I would only use for household maintenance stuff and not demand ding tasks I was not disappointed with my purchase at all.
You boys better hold on cause i'm gonna have to stand on it!

34_40

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2024, 05:44:36 AM »
Being from New Bedford, Mass.  this topic strikes home if you will,  Morse Twist Drill was right downtown.  Late 60's early 70's it was bought by Gulf Western and that was the end...  little by little parts / pieces moved off to other parts of the world.  Like a lot of folks around here, I've collected much memorabilia from their time here.   All the buildings and brownfields are gone now..  just a memory ..   And each year the former employees kist is smaller and smaller. They used to have an annual reunion of sorts, I knew many of them.    Sometimes progress just sucks!!
Clausing 108, Clausing 8520, Atlas Horizontal, Lincoln stick and mig welders

Terrywerm

• Global Moderator
  • It's only down the road a little piece - Jordan MN
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2024, 03:22:43 PM »
I thought there was a connection between Viking and Norseman. ???

There might be, but I cannot say for certain. I do know that Triumph is now a part of Minnesota Twist Drill.

:coffee2:
Terry

Making chips with old machines!

ddickey

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2024, 06:27:48 AM »
I have a bunch of Redline twist drills that are made in the USA. I just checked their website and dang, they're in Plymouth MN!
I doubt they manufacture them and if I was a betting man I'd guess Viking or Norseman.
https://www.redlinetools.com/about_us/about_us