Author Topic: Cell phones  (Read 164 times)

dlane

Cell phones
« on: November 08, 2018, 08:49:13 AM »
My high dollar Verizon cell phone doesn’t work at the house, I canceled it. Seems straight talk service works on some people’s phones here, was told the more gizmos the phone has the weaker the signal.
Any one know band frequencies CDMA , LTE , GSM/EDGE , GSM WCDMA , 4G LTE ,and there’s more
Derrick

woodchucker

Re: Cell phones
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 10:18:19 AM »
My high dollar Verizon cell phone doesn’t work at the house, I canceled it. Seems straight talk service works on some people’s phones here, was told the more gizmos the phone has the weaker the signal.
Any one know band frequencies CDMA , LTE , GSM/EDGE , GSM WCDMA , 4G LTE ,and there’s more

easily looked up.  I believe 4g lte and 5g are now the standard. Others will be going away.. CDMA is very old and will be phased out, as it is expensive to keep old technology around while trying to keep up with the newer stuff. GSM should be going away too. Old..

That's just the way it is. You are not going to buy a 8088 pc are you?
Jeff
Clausing 8520   SB Model 9a - power hacksaw, Milwaukee band saw in a table.  Delta Rockwell Surface Grinder (not online yet .. being rebuilt where am I going to stick this)
For pics: https://woodchucker.imgur.com

dlane

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 03:13:32 PM »
My high dollar cell that doesn’t work here is a 4g LTE , I called Verizon to see what system works on there new tower 3/4 mile away they said CDMA.
Derrick

jpigg55

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 11:16:16 PM »
SB 9A, Clausing 8520, Sanford MG 612

GNAP

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 06:29:45 AM »
I had the same issue with my Apple 6 iPhones, after a phone call, they sent me a phone router that boost the signal in the house and to about 300 ft outside the house, but outside was never a problem, phones work fine now.
jack