Author Topic: Think this is to far ?  (Read 393 times)

pep

Think this is to far ?
« on: January 04, 2019, 07:00:19 AM »
I'll nickname it the machinist Iphone, as the Iphone, over stuff with features. This thing is down the same path.

I looked into my crystal ball (mine an 8 ball, turn upside down for the answer). I see internet and snap chat for its future. Hell why not streaming netflix .

Micro electronic has a place, but for this?

Anyway though this was as lame as the driver-less car,

LOL
Pep

Terrywerm

• Global Moderator
  • It's only down the road a little piece - Jordan MN
Re: Think this is to far ?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 08:34:11 AM »
Strange as it may sound, I can see valid uses for such a caliper, especially in a QA role. Measurements are taken and transferred directly to a computer to be input to the record keeping system used. No worry about somebody fat fingering the keyboard or transposing some numbers as they type in a measurement.
Terry

Making chips with old machines!

4GSR

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 08:51:36 AM »
I was fixing to say, that was way over priced until I saw the "wireless" feature.  What's next, wireless mics? Not talking about the ones talk to...
Ken

chips and more

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 08:52:15 AM »
The thing thatís got me is itís made overseas for pennyís. And then they want almost a 100 bucks for the thing! Like said, could be handy in QA.

chips and more

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 10:10:49 AM »
Good job Ken. Is it a coincidence they look the same? I donít think so. Iíll bet, made at the same overseas factory. Just different labeling.

pep

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 08:35:28 PM »
QC there is an angle, I'd not though of ...  that could work. On the fly engineering changes, from the floor to the office cube.
Then outsiders will be sniffing the network stealing the data LOL

Pep
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 08:44:06 PM by pep »