Author Topic: Where does Trump get his dumb ideas?  (Read 858 times)

4GSR

Where does Trump get his dumb ideas?
« on: April 17, 2019, 10:49:27 AM »
Where does Trump get his dumb ideas?

Ouch!!!

https://youtu.be/IVOICk06nTY

Jake Parker

Re: Where does Trump get his dumb ideas?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 07:55:33 PM »
Hypocrisy at its best.

PJB

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 08:58:12 AM »
Preach...
I want what yooz gots

chips and more

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 11:18:07 AM »
I will just go into my Hobby Shop, close the door behind me, turn up the music and enjoy the day without politics ( I call it total BS!).

savarin

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 08:22:01 PM »
The major problem of politicians of any persuasion is they all confuse confidence with competence.
(Dunning-Kruger effect)

grumpygator

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 08:40:08 PM »
Ain't that a long-winded way of saying I don't know my ass from my elbow?
    **G**

woodchucker

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 09:13:22 PM »
The problem with most politicians, is they have no common sense, and the mighty $$$$ drives their decisions.
The next problem is party loyalty, it means that they aren't thinking for themselves, or rarely thinking for themselves or their constituents.

The next problem is .... well none of us would be friends with Aholes like that right? We don't like being jerked around do we?
Jeff
Clausing 8520   SB Model 9a - power hacksaw, Milwaukee band saw in a table.  Delta Rockwell Surface Grinder (not online yet .. being rebuilt where am I going to stick this)
For pics: https://imgur.com/user/woodchucker/posts

Carpenter84

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 09:55:36 PM »
What happened to all the trump love that was flowing like water earlier in this forum?
Shawn

First 9x42 column mill,
Enterprise 10x28 lathe,
Ko Lee 6x12 surface grinder,
Airco dip/stick 160 welder,
Fully stocked wood shop.

Terrywerm

• Global Moderator
  • It's only down the road a little piece - Jordan MN
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 12:31:41 AM »
What happened to all the trump love that was flowing like water earlier in this forum?
The secret truth is that we all suffer from ADHD and we were suddenly distracted by something shiny and new.   

Wait for it....

Wait a little more, it's coming....

SHINY!!!!

There, see, I told ya so!

Oh wait....   What were we talking about again?    ???
Terry

Making chips with old machines!

pep

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2019, 08:12:29 AM »
I say this, one may think his ideas are dumb .......

News flash !
His dumb ideas have made him wealthier that anyone here will ever be ...

So who has the dumb ideas?

I just love the Monday morning quarterbacks ...

Trump is a street fighter, that is the right guy at the right time.... but the pathetic of the US population are so hung up in bull shit it is imposable for things to get done .

Even with all the distractions coming at him from morons the man still gets things done.

What did you do today ?

pep
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 08:31:02 AM by pep »

jpigg55

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2019, 09:46:47 AM »
I think building a wall is stupid.
Let's face it, if the government is involved, it will cost 10 times the estimated cost, be fraught with corruption, and do little to stem the tide of illegal immigrants.
Just look at what the Maginot Wall did to stop the Germans in the early days of WWII. Even Patton said "Permanent defensive structures are a testament to the arrogance of man".

There needs to be stiffer penalties for illegals, not just tossing them on a bus and shipped back to where they came from, they'll just come back.
If they are not citizens of this country, they should not be allowed the same rights and treatment. They actually get more lenient treatment. If I were to commit murder, I'd be in prison for the rest of my life. If I were an illegal immigrant, I'd just get shipped back to whence I came.
SB 9A, Clausing 8520, Sanford MG 612

Carpenter84

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2019, 10:40:54 AM »
Since we don't have a huge immigrant issue in my little corner of the world, we have more and more ethnicity as time goes on, perpetuating new constructuring sales, but they're very often not willing to spend money on renovating. So, when I worked new construction, certain sites were nothing but, but I cannot recall a reno I've done that wasn't for a white person.
However, I have encountered many in daily life. Store owners, different grades, etc, I haven't had much of an issue.

There is a part of me that believes, we are human. Period... If you travel high enough in the sky, you no longer see lines drawn on the ground.
If I want to live in a different part of the world, it should not cost me most of the money I've made in my life.
Now this comes with a BIG however... I fully expect that I'd have to become a citizen and be expected to pull my weight. And in doing so, be given much of the same social help of recieved as a normal citizen. Not more. Not less.
As it is now, if I do not pull my weight, I get nothing from the government. No benefits, no money, no housing. (Yes, there is welfare... That's another argument...)
If I cannot pull my weight, I go back home. I do not become a bum on social assistance.
I do not believe closing the border, or ...building a wall... Is the answer. If someone wants to change their life for the better and are willing to do the work necessary, then so be it. Where the penalties should lie is with the employers. If you hire illegal, someone who's not willing to follow the rules, then you get penalized, heavily... It is not fair that an immigrant can be hired for less than me. But if he does the necessary work, and just so happens to be more skilled than I, well, that's fair game. Isn't it?
If you come over illegally, then you recieved nothing.
Are there holes in this idea. Probably
Am I politician? No, and that's why...
Shawn

First 9x42 column mill,
Enterprise 10x28 lathe,
Ko Lee 6x12 surface grinder,
Airco dip/stick 160 welder,
Fully stocked wood shop.

Terrywerm

• Global Moderator
  • It's only down the road a little piece - Jordan MN
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2019, 10:50:31 AM »

I do not wish to attack any one else's opinions here, but would like to point out a few things.

First, the Maginot Line was a series of fortifications, not a wall. It was designed to deter crossing into France, and encourage any enemy to invade France in a specific area where France could more easily defend it's border with a smaller force. It didn't work, but that is beside the fact that it was not a contiguous defensive wall.

Second, the German invasion of France was by an armed force, not a continued onslaught by unorganized individuals or small groups, mostly unarmed.

Third, Trump's wall is not meant to be a defensive wall in the military sense. It's role is entirely different.

A wall is a control device, controlling the points where people can cross the border. Is a wall foolproof or impenetrable?  No.  But it is enough of a deterrent to greatly stem the tide of individuals that cross the border illegally, leaving us with fewer people to deal with through the immigration system. It would allow us to control who comes in, and how many. It's not that we want to keep everyone out, either. We want people to come here legally, and through the proper channels. Too many of those coming here have no interest in becoming citizens or in becoming a part of US society. They only wish to reap what they can any way that they can.

I do agree that penalties for being here illegally should be far stiffer than they are and would go a long way towards keeping the illegals out. But, if they can get here easily enough, they will keep coming and will try to keep their heads down and make a go of it. If they get caught and sent back, they simply try again and try not to make the same mistakes a second time. Adding a wall to the stiff penalties would make it so that the juice just would not be worth the squeeze.

We could add more border patrol officers, yes, but at what cost?  The US-Mexico border is 1954 miles long. If you placed armed sentries all along its length, one every 50 yards, it would take 68,781 men to cover the border for just one eight hour shift. It takes 4.5 shifts to cover the clock seven days per week, plus have relief for breaks, vacations, and the like. That is 309,515 individuals just as sentries. Assuming a $50,000 per year wage for each one, plus benefits, so about $75,000 per individual. The total cost  - and this is sticker shock - $23,213,625,000 per year just for the sentries. That's 23.21 BILLION dollars per year and doesn't include the cost of training, equipment, supervisory or managerial staff.  And to top it off, 50 yards is a lot of ground to guard for one person. People would still sneak past them easily, especially at night.

Let's assume that a wall will cost $1000 per lineal foot including appropriate gates at ports of entry, etc.  I think that is a pretty realistic figure, depending on just how it is built. The cost of the wall using that figure would be $10,317,120,000.  Once it's up, there would be maintenance cost, yes, but it would be far less than the cost of armed sentries.

So, even if the wall cost ten times the estimate, it will still be cheap compared to other solutions to protect the border over an extended period of time of just a few years.

We all know that something needs to be done, and I believe that a wall is the most cost effective border control measure available.
Terry

Making chips with old machines!

4GSR

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2019, 11:17:53 AM »
In most countries of the world, if you cross boarders illegally, you probably will be shot!  Not all countries would do this, most would probably put you in a prison camp at hard labor until your time come to be deported.  Maybe that's what we need to do.  Hard labor to learn a lesson not to cross the boarder illegally.  Of course that would be inhuman according to the UN. :(

f350ca

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2019, 12:13:44 PM »
I think your wall might work. The Chinese built one centuries ago and look how few Mexicans they have.

Greg

Machinists Gazette

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2019, 12:13:44 PM »