Author Topic: Cherrying Head?  (Read 240 times)

Uglydog

Cherrying Head?
« on: May 17, 2019, 06:36:49 PM »
I started out looking for some Bridgeport parts for a mill I'm trying to get fixed for a friend.
Ended up with 2 complete J heads, 2 extra motors, some misc BP parts and a Cherrying T Head.
Yes, I'm in trouble with the wife...

Has anybody here ever used a BP Cherrying Head?
Sounds like a now seldom used tool for Die making.
Wondering if I should attempt to sell it quick, and attempt to dig myself out of trouble with the boss.
Or, keep it and look for a project to use her on? (the Cherry, not the wife)------- (never mind, scratch all that)

Hauled my Colchester today. Hoping to unload this weekend. Then make the final placement of all the machines and begin to level them.

Any suggestions on the Cherry T?

Daryl
MN

4GSR

Re: Cherrying Head?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 06:49:21 PM »
Stick it on eBay and see if you get any hits.  You see them once in a while for sale on eBay.  Is it a Bridgeport brand or is it a Everede brand cherrying head?  The Everede brand usually goes for pretty good $$$.  Start it at $500-750 and see if you get any takers.

Ken
Ken

Terrywerm

• Global Moderator
  • It's only down the road a little piece - Jordan MN
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 08:56:15 PM »
This will prove that I am a true HOBBY machinist:  What the hell is a cherrying Head?
Terry

Making chips with old machines!

woodchucker

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 09:25:10 PM »
me too, but it's a head for the opposite side of the mill arm. it automatically raises and lowers, and traverses the quill to do key ways.
I don't understand why you would want to swing your head to do this.
Jeff
Clausing 8520   SB Model 9a - power hacksaw, Milwaukee band saw in a table.  Delta Rockwell Surface Grinder (not online yet .. being rebuilt where am I going to stick this)
For pics: https://imgur.com/user/woodchucker/posts

chips and more

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 09:26:03 PM »
Like I should be giving advice LOL. I keep just about everything I get. My shop is tilting with piles of crap. But a cherrying head? Iím not seeing a need. I picked up a slotting head about 15 years ago. Itís been on the back of the Bridgeport ram from day one. Makes a nice counter balance! Other than that, I have been using the quill (not the best idea) to do small broaching jobs. And I would probably use the quill again in an up down motion to cherry if I had toÖDave
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 09:27:37 PM by chips and more »

PJB

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 09:38:43 PM »
Making cherry pies!?!? 
Looks like it sweeps arcs with the cutter somehow.   Heres a blurb from a BP accessory catalog I have...

Hereís some other cool stuff from the same catalog while Im posting.

I want what yooz gots

Uglydog

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 02:59:17 PM »
Just now getting back....
Sorry I should have attached the manual I found online. Thanks PJB!
As long as it's here. I may try to hook her up and play with it for a little.
Then I will likely attempt to find her a home.
Thanks all.

Daryl
MN