Author Topic: Dividing head on ebay  (Read 263 times)

Jake Parker

Re: Dividing head on ebay
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 09:19:53 AM »
Reminds me if the $13 chucks.

If I had the extra funds I would sign up for one, Im watching, and waiting.

ddickey

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 09:51:48 AM »
Money back guarantee so why not?
Normal price is around $250. I made an offer of $45 was rejected of course.
I also asked to seller of the cheap one for a price of 100 shipped. Never responded.

Are you talking of this seller ? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?
I did it mainly to get a feel if they're legit depending on their response.

Bill Gruby

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 09:58:26 AM »
 Man, it  was a tough decision to make but I'm letting this one go. $50.00 is a fantastic price. Too good, I bit the bullet and bought one. With tax $53.00+. We'ii all go down together.  LOL

"Billy G"
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 10:06:26 AM by Bill Gruby »

Carpenter84

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 10:04:36 AM »
As long as you pay via PayPal, its pretty risk free. If it goes south one phone call to eBay gets your money back.

A few months ago I found a deal for 500 shop rags for $30. Skeptical, but I bought. The seller had 2 feed back. Then as the days passed, the guy then had -2 feed back. Then all of a sudden the sellers account was suspended. So, obviously a scam.
I tried to resolve via eBay's buttons and resolution methods. It declined saying I had to wait until the expected shipping date passed, which was 60 days. I said no to that, called, and the eBay rep immediately refunded my money. The eBay website methods obviously follow a process/algorithm and I was asking it to step outside of that which it obviously doesn't.
Shawn

First 9x42 column mill,
Enterprise 10x28 lathe,
Ko Lee 6x12 surface grinder,
Airco dip/stick 160 welder,
Fully stocked wood shop.

4GSR

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2019, 10:06:00 AM »
I already have one.  At this price, I could have two. 

I suspect this is the last ones coming out of China.  Newer ones are coning out of India, they can build them cheaper! And sell with out any tariffs! 

Better grab them before they are gone!
Ken

Bill Gruby

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2019, 10:09:06 AM »
 What is the phone number Shawn in case this goes sour?

"Billy G"

4GSR

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2019, 10:23:49 AM »
Well. I bought one.  Let you guys know when it arrives. ^-^
Ken

woodchucker

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2019, 10:46:15 AM »
As long as you pay via PayPal, its pretty risk free. If it goes south one phone call to eBay gets your money back.

A few months ago I found a deal for 500 shop rags for $30. Skeptical, but I bought. The seller had 2 feed back. Then as the days passed, the guy then had -2 feed back. Then all of a sudden the sellers account was suspended. So, obviously a scam.
I tried to resolve via eBay's buttons and resolution methods. It declined saying I had to wait until the expected shipping date passed, which was 60 days. I said no to that, called, and the eBay rep immediately refunded my money. The eBay website methods obviously follow a process/algorithm and I was asking it to step outside of that which it obviously doesn't.

I have not seen them close a sellers account, There's a few guys that I won't deal with, I asked a question of one, and he never responded, I asked another later, no response, I asked him why he would not respond to anything, and he cursed me out.  He has a lot of complaints, time has eliminated a lot of them when you look at his ratings, but his claim is everyone sucks, and they purposely do this to him.. gigigirl111  There is something wrong with the guy.

Jeff
Clausing 8520   SB Model 9a - power hacksaw, Milwaukee band saw in a table.  Delta Rockwell Surface Grinder (not online yet .. being rebuilt where am I going to stick this)
For pics: https://imgur.com/user/woodchucker/posts

4GSR

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2019, 10:53:34 AM »
Yeah, that guy was alright when he first started selling on eBay.  Then every thing had a high shipping charge on.  His shipping methods and packing suck badly!  The last item I bought from him about three years ago was the last I'll ever do business with him.  As you said, very rude to deal with to put it mildly.
Ken

Carpenter84

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2019, 11:25:45 AM »
What is the phone number Shawn in case this goes sour?

"Billy G"

Just hit "contact us", and it gives you a toll free or local number to call. It also shows you the wait time, and an option to have them call you if they're too busy.
Shawn

First 9x42 column mill,
Enterprise 10x28 lathe,
Fully stocked wood shop.

Bill Gruby

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2019, 11:33:13 AM »
 Thanks Shawn, this is the first time I've gone against my first thought.

"Billy G"

Carpenter84

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2019, 12:05:51 PM »
What's that? Playing it safe or taking the dive?
Shawn

First 9x42 column mill,
Enterprise 10x28 lathe,
Fully stocked wood shop.

Bill Gruby

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2019, 12:14:44 PM »
 Your choice. As far as his ebay life goes, this auction will make him or break him.

"Billy G"
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 12:16:43 PM by Bill Gruby »

Carpenter84

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2019, 04:14:17 PM »
Sorry, I meant what your first thought was.

We see these kinds of auctions often enough. I also wonder the details are of the situations. To be a fly on the wall...
I do know that very often one large Chinese distributor will have as many as 100 eBay accounts, and continuously rotate them or create new ones. I believe largely to keep the feed back rate under control. When you're listing 1000+ items (or often more...) And selling hundreds of items a day, it's impossible to not mess up a few.
Shawn

First 9x42 column mill,
Enterprise 10x28 lathe,
Fully stocked wood shop.

Bill Gruby

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2019, 07:54:24 AM »
Anyone have a shipped item notice yet?

"Billy G"