Author Topic: Hougen magdrill  (Read 111 times)

dlane

Hougen magdrill
« on: August 27, 2019, 08:15:07 PM »
Hi All, been a little while, did a little welding for a guy and he gave me a hougen 10914 mag drill.
He said the mag quit working and he didn’t want to mess with it. Seems there’s a safety switch may need adjusting.
Any body mess with one ?.
Derrick

4GSR

Re: Hougen magdrill
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 08:21:30 PM »
Loose wire?  Maybe.

Connector not making contact.  Broken wire?

BTW- Nice find!  That's what I call horse trading at its very best.

dlane

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 08:26:54 PM »
Hi Ken , ya I like deals like this if I can get the mag working , Iíll check the wiring tomorrow,
This one has the drill chuck not the angular cutter chuck . Iíll call tech support if I canít figure it out.

4GSR

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 07:26:45 AM »
When you plug it in, does any of the lights come on?  If so, does the magnet come on when energized?  Power supply could be toast.

Looks like there is some sort of adapter in the spindle that probably comes out where you can replace with the 3/4" bore for annular cutters. Just saying.  The only two mag drills I've ever used was dad's old Milwaukee he had.  Had the one with the no. 3 MT in the spindle.  It was okay, was not very accurate, very sloppy built.  The other one I've used many years ago was a POS one made by Black & Decker, much worse than the Milwaukee was.  Never used a Hogan like yours, looks to be a nice one.

Let us know how you make out with it.

Ken
Ken

pep

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 07:34:59 AM »
hougen 10914 mag drill user manual

Try here, might get a more accurate answer to you questions

Pep

dlane

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 02:36:21 AM »
Unfortunately the previous owner lost the safety switch parts that shut it down if it moves while drilling and hougen doesn’t stock them any more, I’ll try to make them someday.
PEP , I’ve downloaded the manual but the wiring schematic won’t print ledge able.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 02:40:06 AM by dlane »
Derrick