Author Topic: PITA, out of commision for a while.  (Read 692 times)

4GSR

Re: PITA, out of commision for a while.
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2019, 05:15:57 PM »
Ken,

I feel for you, hobbing around here trying not to put weight on my right hip.  It's getting very painful.  Tried to play on the lathe for a few minutes this morning, it hurts.  And my RA has flared up to making it just that much worse.

Hope they can get you pain device installed permanently for you. Ken/Victoria.
Ken

kvt85

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2019, 08:01:49 PM »
Mad it out to the shop for a few today,  Did not last that long. 

Ken hope they finally get your hip fixed up.  I know you have been waiting a long time.

Ken in SA
Ken in SA TX

Jet 10x24 and Taiwan 10x24
Enco 30 mill
Sherline Lath and mill

kvt85

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2019, 09:50:38 PM »
update
Well had surgery today,   Not allowed to drive, or anything for next two weeks,   Will be stuck in either bed or lounge chair unless doing some mandatory walking,   Then not allowed to twist my back or neck   Have to turn at the hips or move my whole body.   
Gave me a bunch of pain pills if I need them. 
Wife is looking at taking off work for the next two weeks to try and keep me in line.   She knows that if I get to feeling better, I would have a hard time following the instructions especially 5lb restrictions for next 6 to 8 weeks

Thanks again for all the prior comments on the spinal cord stimulator will see how it goes,   They will not do any adjusting on it until after 2 weeks of healing,   Wife was not expecting that one, and lit into the company rep when they told her that :96:,   did not tell me much as I was still out of it.   
I had fun trying to calm her down.
Ken in SA TX

Enco 30 mill
Sherline Lath and mill

4GSR

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2019, 10:03:26 PM »
Ken,

I hope you get well enough to enjoy life for a few more years pain free. :25:  Sounds to me you're on a road of recovery, too.

It's been twelve days since my hip replacement surgery, almost pain free myself.  Off the meds, just taking Ibuprofen twice a day.  It just getting my muscles back to moving my leg.  It's like everyday I get stronger in my hip leg muscles.  I'm not quite to the point of walking on my own, but can take baby steps at a time.  Made my first walk today outside the house using the walker. :57:

Take care and a speedy recovery,  Ken/Victoria
Ken

woodchucker

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2019, 10:03:45 PM »
update
Well had surgery today,   Not allowed to drive, or anything for next two weeks,   Will be stuck in either bed or lounge chair unless doing some mandatory walking,   Then not allowed to twist my back or neck   Have to turn at the hips or move my whole body.   
Gave me a bunch of pain pills if I need them. 
Wife is looking at taking off work for the next two weeks to try and keep me in line.   She knows that if I get to feeling better, I would have a hard time following the instructions especially 5lb restrictions for next 6 to 8 weeks

Thanks again for all the prior comments on the spinal cord stimulator will see how it goes,   They will not do any adjusting on it until after 2 weeks of healing,   Wife was not expecting that one, and lit into the company rep when they told her that :96: ,   did not tell me much as I was still out of it.   
I had fun trying to calm her down.

Good luck with the recovery.  There's World Series for you to watch, and if you can get it, Big 10 and 12 Volleyball ... if you watch the women play you'll be impressed.  There's always YouTube other times.. just lay low and heal.
Jeff
Clausing 8520   SB Model 9a - power hacksaw, Milwaukee band saw in a table.  Delta Rockwell Surface Grinder (not online yet .. being rebuilt where am I going to stick this)
For pics: https://imgur.com/user/woodchucker/posts

4GSR

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2019, 10:07:00 PM »
Speaking of the Astros,  :'(

Yeah, lots of You Tube, that's what I did all last week.  Too drugged up to do any real work. :coffee2:
Ken

kvt85

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2019, 07:51:41 PM »
Well almost a week,   A lot of the pain is gone down,  Bruising is going away,   
Started looking at some of the paperwork that came with home with me.   
The doc was not kidding the paperwork says nothing over 5lb for 6 weeks,   Wife if trying to keep me from doing anything at all.
Will have to see what the DOc says at the first Apt, 

They put the thing right where my belt would land on it. so have some Suspenders on right now.  If it does not set off metal detectors I will be surprised

Getting old is for the birds.   

Ken in SA TX

Enco 30 mill
Sherline Lath and mill

4GSR

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2019, 09:13:07 PM »
Glad it's working out for Ken.  Do what the doc says and in no time you'll be back to what you were doing.
Ken

kvt85

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2019, 06:53:31 PM »
Hope to be doing a bit better than I was doing. 

Hop you are coming along good also.   

Ken in sa
Ken in SA TX

Enco 30 mill
Sherline Lath and mill

Machinists Gazette

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2019, 06:53:31 PM »