Author Topic: Not getting it  (Read 187 times)

pep

Not getting it
« on: September 19, 2019, 08:46:58 AM »
The latest whining, Justin Trudeau in black face?

To anyone, what is so bad about someone doing this? All the parties that host dress up. This one costume seems to cause stupid fake anger.

Is the country so shallow this is the biggest problem on so many minds? Or maybe there is a huge lack of minds that can think on its own. A clutch of parrots, with cell phones and fakebook.

Pep

savarin

Re: Not getting it
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 08:38:03 PM »
Totally agree Pep, 18+ years ago? get over it and grow up. PC gone beserk.
Apologizing for it? no way.
I'm sick of all these snowflakes whinging about every little perceived slight and taking huge offense at it.
Lets not forget, no one can offend you if you dont want them to.
You are the one who allows your self to be "offended"
I remember once many years ago when I said something very "offensive" (I admit that) to a workmate who took it higher up.
I was forced to give a written apology.
I stated - "I fully and whole heartedly apologize for the London gutter language I used to Mr Smith as that was very unprofessional, however, I do not apologize for the  content and meaning of my outburst. The fact I am being asked to write this only underscores what I was stating."
Absolutely nothing further happened and the gentleman concerned admitted I was correct.
were still mates to this day.

woodchucker

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 08:44:29 PM »
not to mention, he was acting in most cases, and really , this is derogatory? I don't think so.
Jeff
Clausing 8520   SB Model 9a - power hacksaw, Milwaukee band saw in a table.  Delta Rockwell Surface Grinder (not online yet .. being rebuilt where am I going to stick this)
For pics: https://imgur.com/user/woodchucker/posts

savarin

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 10:48:29 PM »
does putting on a fake indian accent when answering scam call count as racism?

pep

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 07:00:21 AM »
Thought it was comical, he looks like a comic book or cartoon character, that came to life.

But of course cartoons are not cartoons anymore. Folks lack a sense of humor or funny bone, many anyway.

Comedians, remembering Red Skelton. Are not funny unable to tell a joke without swearing, free of political speak.

Pep

Carpenter84

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 11:04:10 AM »
Its all just bash campaigns... They've probably been hanging onto this story for the right time... There must be an election coming up because I'm already seeing bash ads on tv... The latest one against Trudeau is, once again, how he's too young and stupid - "no, not again Trudeau"... The ad doesn't even state what party it's from... It's just 30 seconds of "I'm telling on you!!"... I hate the bash ads. I would muuuuch rather see people talk about what they will do and what they've done... Not how the other guy wore a Halloween costume almost 20 years ago... Ffs, my kids daycare class is more polite and civilized...

Bah!
Shawn

First 9x42 column mill,
Enterprise 10x28 lathe,
Ko Lee 6x12 surface grinder,
Airco dip/stick 160 welder,
Fully stocked wood shop.

Carpenter84

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2019, 11:09:17 AM »
I can picture it now...

Trudeau sits at desk and opens the paper with his morning coffee...

Headline - "Trudeau blackface, how dare?!?!"

Trudeau - " for f**k sakes.... Jimmy, pull the standard apology form... "

Jimmy - " The 309a or the 309c?"

Trudeau - *long nose exhale* ....
Shawn

First 9x42 column mill,
Enterprise 10x28 lathe,
Ko Lee 6x12 surface grinder,
Airco dip/stick 160 welder,
Fully stocked wood shop.

savarin

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2019, 08:41:01 PM »

Ulma Doctor

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2019, 12:15:03 PM »
i think we have a bunch of self-important children pretending to be adults, running around wanting to be offended.

if you want to be offended by anything not PC, you soon will be.

but they all can kiss my non-PC ass for all i care- i hope i offend
8 Lathes, 5 Milling Machines, 6 Welders, 2 Surface Grinders, Shop Smith & woodworking stuff too !!!

MIKE WALTON

Machinists Gazette

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2019, 12:15:03 PM »