Author Topic: What did you buy today?  (Read 2842 times)

pep

Re: What did you buy today?
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2020, 07:00:08 PM »
 Paper work said hour, reality 3. proly an hour if done once before, 1 hour wrenching 2 hour familiarization course

Did change things

What are ickys and do they multiply.... funny term

PJB

« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2020, 08:50:19 PM »
Must be so nice having a lift for working on cars. If I didnít have the boat stored yr round in the 3rd bay I might consider one.   

I hate dirty garage floors so a couple times a year especially after winter Iíll break out the hose and zipwash soap n scrub it down.   Ickys to me are salt and dirt the cars track in. 
1991 Bridgeport Series I 2J-VS  9"x48"
1979 Clausing Colchester Bantam Mk2 11"x30"
1972 Harig Super 612
2015 Tormach PCNC-1100 Mill

"I wants what you gots!"

chips and more

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2020, 09:56:12 AM »
They are only nice if you can use it! I have a Bendpack car lift. It has a car on it and a car under it. And crap all over the cars so all I can see is about a sq/ft of the blue paint on the Bendpack car lift. Never been able to use the car lift for working on my car(s). Itís sad, Iíve got crapitist bad!   :41: :41: :41:

Carpenter84

« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2020, 10:59:17 AM »
I'd be willing to come down there and clean out your garage/shop, but only if I could take home anything you either forgot about or never knew you had! Cause it obviously means you don't use it  !AOK
Shawn

First 9x42 column mill,
Enterprise 10x28 lathe,
Ko Lee 6x12 surface grinder,
Airco dip/stick 160 welder,
Fully stocked wood shop.

grumpygator

« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2020, 11:35:08 AM »
Sounds like the treadmill in the bedroom that my Brute swore to me she would use every day. I'm pretty sure it's still there, judging by the shape of the pile of stuff that has grown on top  of it.
           **G**

pep

« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2020, 04:22:43 PM »
Must be so nice having a lift for working on cars. If I didnít have the boat stored yr round in the 3rd bay I might consider one.   

I hate dirty garage floors so a couple times a year especially after winter Iíll break out the hose and zipwash soap n scrub it down.   Ickys to me are salt and dirt the cars track in.

I just thought ickys was a funny term, try to keep my work area clean also. Some times it is a before and after, icky free zone .

I agree, but I have the next best thing, access to one.  Friend that has some sort of vintage cars that I work on. Was kind enough to let me use it, a life saver for sure.

Here is an example of one,

« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 04:27:04 PM by pep »

chips and more

« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2020, 04:38:04 PM »
I think the pic says it all. But, derogatory remarks are more than welcome!

Carpenter84

« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2020, 04:48:32 PM »
Well, so far I'd take the air reel, forge or oven, the drawers...
Shawn

First 9x42 column mill,
Enterprise 10x28 lathe,
Ko Lee 6x12 surface grinder,
Airco dip/stick 160 welder,
Fully stocked wood shop.

chips and more

« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2020, 07:36:07 PM »
And here I thought everybody would want the logs in the front. Thatís olive tree wood. Have you ever worked with it? For me it makes the best clock gears ever for the old wooded clock works.
Oh and Shawn, I have the 3 missing metal draws.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 07:38:20 PM by chips and more »

grumpygator

« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2020, 09:23:01 PM »
It's my belief that every male child born should be deeded a 50 X 100-foot warehouse to store his stuff. With the option for more.
  Don't get me wrong I love my Brute, but she does not take into account the number of times she has come to me asking if " I have a {Fill in the blank}". And my answer is "Yup Give me a minute and I'll get you one".On the other hand, God Forbid if I leave a tool or part laying around in the common area of the house It gets treated like radioactive waste and transported to my office and left on my desk unless she needs it. In which case it is far easier to by a new one and trade for mine back.
  And to sum it up when they start the "Your office is a mess" conversation don't bring up the Treadmill unless you really want a few days of "I'm not speaking to you".
  That's a "In case of fire" situation. Only if you want peace and quiet for a few days. Just make sure she goes to sleep before you.
  Just saying.
    **G**

Terrywerm

• Global Moderator
  • It's only down the road a little piece - Jordan MN
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2020, 11:16:55 PM »

"Make sure she goes to sleep before you"     :021:

:D

Terry

Making chips with old machines!

pep

« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2020, 01:41:44 AM »
And here I thought everybody would want the logs in the front. Thatís olive tree wood. Have you ever worked with it? For me it makes the best clock gears ever for the old wooded clock works.
Oh and Shawn, I have the 3 missing metal draws.

LMAO was thinking logs, special hard to find :57:

woodchucker

« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2020, 10:08:35 AM »
ok, stupid question... what is BRUTE?
I get that its a woman.. but what does it mean?
Jeff
Clausing 8520   SB Model 9a - power hacksaw, Milwaukee band saw in a table.  Delta Rockwell Surface Grinder (not online yet .. being rebuilt where am I going to stick this)
For pics: https://imgur.com/user/woodchucker/posts

Bill Gruby

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2020, 12:33:52 PM »
 I believe the "Brute" is his significant other.

"Billy G"
Don't sweat getting old, you'll still do dumb crap, just slower.

An Optimist will tell you the glass is half full, the pessimist half empty, the engineer will say the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

woodchucker

« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2020, 01:33:46 PM »
I believe the "Brute" is his significant other.

"Billy G"

yea I get that but... like SWMBO is She who must be obeyed...
I was looking for a real meaning to BRUTE... figuring I missed something when I was younger.
Jeff
Clausing 8520   SB Model 9a - power hacksaw, Milwaukee band saw in a table.  Delta Rockwell Surface Grinder (not online yet .. being rebuilt where am I going to stick this)
For pics: https://imgur.com/user/woodchucker/posts