Author Topic: If you love dogs..  (Read 412 times)

PJB

If you love dogs..
« on: January 22, 2020, 11:39:54 PM »
 Our little rescue pup was on here a few yrs ago when we first got her.
Well worth check out this guys IG and following to get something to brighten your day.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7o6V08pwl-/?igshid=1ki48f7gnq61h
I want what yooz gots

grumpygator

Re: If you love dogs..
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 06:19:02 AM »
My crew. I do not need a doorbell

The one in the middle just turned 1 year old. When I got her she weighed 18 lbs. Took her to the vet the other day, she is now 97 lbs.
  I will admit when we come home the "Happy Dance" is kind of hectic but, it makes me smile.
   You can not bye that type of love and devotion. I trust them. If they don't like you I respect their judgment.
        **G**

jpigg55

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 11:11:46 AM »
I hear you "G".
My wife breeds Cane Corso's. We currently have 8 of them along with a Patterdale terrier and a Teddy Roosevelt terrier.
Besides being loving and devoted friends, dogs  are the best security system in the world IMHO.

I can still remember as a kid, we had 13 police trained German Shepherds, at one time. One of my aunts worked for the Illinois State Police when they decided that police dogs weren't worth the expense and were going to put them down. She couldn't stand the thought of that and brought them out to my folks on the farm.
One night at around 2 AM, I was awoke by a noise. When I got up to investigate, I found my father had awoke too. Turned out to be some guy who's car had broken down close to the house. He had came knocking to get assistance.
First words from the guys mouth when we answered the door were "I'm sure glad you were home". The guy explained his situation and came to the house hoping to use the phone (a time way before cell phones). He said he never saw or heard any of the dogs until he reached for the door. His words: "I reached for the door to knock when I heard growling. I turned and saw a wall of teeth".

I still wonder if that guy had to change his shorts when he got home.
SB 9A, Clausing 8520, Sanford MG 612

savarin

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 09:03:04 PM »
Weve only had dogs for the last 30+ years but dont know what we would do without them.
The white and tan had diabetes and went blind, the long haired Weimaraner would lead him around guiding him away from obstacles.
When Obi died Charlie just lay at the front door staring out in full depression.
So we got Chappie from the pound.
They are inseparable now.

f350ca

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 09:52:34 PM »
Saddie never lets me out of her sight. Rides on the snow mobile, atv, side car of the bike, boat canoe, pretty much anything that has an engine. Friendly but not affectionate, could care less if she gets petted, except first thing in the morning, comes up and jumps into bed, then stretches out jammed as close to my back as she can.

grumpygator

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 11:33:45 PM »
  The other night this trouble maker sneaked into bed with us.  Woke my dumb ass up kicking. So while I'm gathering my wits about me I realize that there is not one but two snores going on. First one then another. Like a damn song. By this time I'm fully awake so I get up and go to the kitchen to get a drink then to the office to watch some youtube till I got tired again. I swear to god I could still hear the duet through the closed bedroom door.

Let's just say that life sure is interesting when you own Catahoula's
        **G**

jpigg55

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 12:00:44 AM »
Granddaughter with old man Onyx at Halloween dog show event.
Can you say "Not Happy" ?? LOL
SB 9A, Clausing 8520, Sanford MG 612

savarin

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 07:46:53 PM »
In a bit of a bad place at the moment.
Our lovely Weimaraner Charlie suddenly collapsed Thursday night around 1am in a full on seizure.
Despite every vet advertising 24 hours we couldnt find one to come out.
Our vet said bring him in Friday morning so two septuagenarians struggled like mad to get him down the stairs to the car.
After numerous tests including Xray and a bill for $730 they said they cant find anything wrong but maybe an MRI would find a brain problem.
He has some control over his front legs but very little over his back legs so cannot stand up.
He's alert but subdued so knows whats going on and doesnt like it. (who would)
But this morning he struggled and got up to go for a pee and poop in the yard then before we could stop him he made a lunge to get up the stairs and very uncoordinated made it up, went into the airconditioned room and lay down.
We are hoping he will keep improving.
Its so sad they cant tell you whats wrong.
Our fingers are well and truly crossed.

grumpygator

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2020, 08:59:25 PM »
They are not just pets, they are family. Hoping for the best for your boy.
    As I type this my three are all around my chair.  I can't move without waking them up. The pure love and devotion are unmeasurable.
      Any chance he got into one of those poisonous creatures you got over there?
              **G**

savarin

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2020, 10:26:54 PM »
Definitely, All his symptoms are indicative of cane toad poisoning, excessive drooling, tremors, seizures etc but they didnt think that was the problem.
Bloody cane toads are endemic here and very difficult to eradicate despite many programs to that effect.
He's gone back down the stairs and back up again with no help and reasonable control so hope is broadening.
(The pure love and devotion are unmeasurable)

aint that the truth

woodchucker

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2020, 10:28:56 PM »
hoping Charlie makes a full recovery.  Weimaraners are such beautiful dogs.
Characters too. ...
Jeff
Clausing 8520   SB Model 9a - power hacksaw, Milwaukee band saw in a table.  Delta Rockwell Surface Grinder (not online yet .. being rebuilt where am I going to stick this)
For pics: https://imgur.com/user/woodchucker/posts

grumpygator

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2020, 11:14:35 PM »
Besides if I didn't have dogs there would be no holes in my yard. And the 6:00 am earhole lick to let them out. The fire truck serenade. The happy dance. The "Look" when you are 10 minutes late for feeding. The trail of water across the kitchen floor from the water bowl.The obstacle course to the bathroom in the middle of the night through bones and squeak toys. Never being able to take a pee without an audience. The sniff test when you come home to see if you have been with any other dogs. In short, you don't just own a dog, you share your life with them. And that goes both ways. For the better of both.
                                             **G**

woodchucker

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2020, 09:14:47 AM »
Charles, I have been watching this guys channel for about 6 months maybe now.
He has a pack of Weims... and just started a channel...
His restores are good, and you may be interested in watching these guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2sAePeQnBk  This will lead to his new channel on the Weims as well.
Jeff
Clausing 8520   SB Model 9a - power hacksaw, Milwaukee band saw in a table.  Delta Rockwell Surface Grinder (not online yet .. being rebuilt where am I going to stick this)
For pics: https://imgur.com/user/woodchucker/posts

savarin

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2020, 08:30:20 PM »
some good news, he's now walking and can go up and down the stairs fine.
but, cant seem to tempt his appetite.

savarin

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2020, 09:38:45 PM »
Looks like he's back to where he was before all this.
Eating well, leaping into the car, showing interest in everything.
A bit of a tremor in one of his back legs.
The University vet thinks it could have been a stroke and wants to do an mri but at $1700 I'm afraid theres not much chance of that.
What would it prove? He had a stroke? Any different treatment for him? I dont think so.
We are happy, he seems happy, still demanding and showing affection (and receiving heaps)