Author Topic: Crona Virus or What Ever You Call it.  (Read 789 times)

woodchucker

Re: Crona Virus or What Ever You Call it.
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2020, 04:02:44 PM »
oh geez, I just read of a few big names that have it.

Jackson Browne, 71 was in NYC with

the 71-year-old musician isnít sure where he got it, but he suspected his recent trip to New York for the annual [/size]Love Rocks NYC[/font][/size] benefit, which also featured Cyndi Lauper, Dave Matthews, Warren Haynes, Susan Tedeschi, and Derek Trucks, may have been the source.
Jeff
Clausing 8520   SB Model 9a - power hacksaw, Milwaukee band saw in a table.  Delta Rockwell Surface Grinder (not online yet .. being rebuilt where am I going to stick this)
For pics: https://imgur.com/user/woodchucker/posts

jpigg55

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2020, 07:59:32 PM »

Long story short, if you have or can get tonic water that contains quinine and some zinc tablets, it may help prevent getting COVID-19 or reduce the severity and/or time to get over it.
Either way, itís a no harm, no foul if it doesnít unless you have an allergy to either. Your choice, but wanted to get the info out here.

great, I'll have a vodka tonic right now.

Oh BTW our idiot Govenor here in NJ just released the prisoners... Now, I want a gun. What an idiot.

Just remember to substitute the olives with zinc tablets. LOL

You're not alone in NJ. I've seen where they've done this in a lot of places.
If I was to put logic to this, I'd ask if the prisoners were safer from the virus in jail than the public will be with them on the street.
Hum, thousands of criminals let loose on the streets with no money, no job, and no home. Yeah, it will be fine, no worries.  :sign0065:
SB 9A, Clausing 8520, Sanford MG 612

Terrywerm

• Global Moderator
  • It's only down the road a little piece - Jordan MN
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2020, 12:26:22 AM »

Traveling with everything locked down is no fun either. I posted a portion of the following to our Minnesota Hobby Machinists group earlier.
I was over to Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin today. I think the people that are 'staying home' are driving around because there is nothing else to do. There was no shortage of traffic over there.

The rules for restaurants must be a bit tighter over there.

On my way east this morning, I stopped at the Kwik Trip in Menomonie for fuel. I was going to get a cup of coffee too, but you can't. You have to get a store employee to pour it for you, customers are not permitted near the coffee pots. I inquired of the one employee that I saw, and she refused to help me because she could not leave the front counter. I left there feeling pretty disgusted.

Carryout appears to be totally forbidden. I noticed a Subway in Princeton, WI that was all locked up. They had no drive through facilities. I tried to get a burger and a root beer freeze at an A&W in that same town. No dice. Drive through only, and walk ups are not permitted.  Same old BS.  They want trucks to deliver for THEM but nobody is concerned about the drivers. Oh wait, they said 'thank you' on Facebook.  Big deal.  Their real attitude shows through in their actions.

Sorry for the glum attitude fellas, but that is the way it is east of the Mississippi. I have to go over to Shawano WI tomorrow, and over to Clintonville WI on Monday. I'll be packing my lunches over here at home and taking my food and a full thermos of coffee with me, but I'll be leaving my trash in Wisconsin's garbage cans.
Earlier in the week I went to Iowa and out to South and North Dakota. Going in and ordering takeout was no problem in those states, but some places in Minnesota are being just like Wisconsin. North Dakota closed their rest areas: you can park there but the bathrooms are all barricaded so you cannot use them. In short, those parking lots will be smelling like the urine soaked back alleys in NYC in short order. Not good. 

What is wrong with the officials that make these decisions??  I swear they do these things just to demonstrate that they actually did something, regardless of whether it was right or wrong. It's pretty disgusting.

:coffee2:

« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 12:30:18 AM by Terrywerm »
Terry

Making chips with old machines!

grumpygator

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2020, 02:37:23 AM »
Terry,
 But you know the knee jerk people in charge have no clue.  They are so afraid they make rules that make no sense. Typical when in doubt scream and shout.
  That way they can justify their position. Cover your ass is a poor response to this event.
 The whole damn thing is unreal.
   We need to come together as a country and beat this.
   NO POLITICS.  NO BS.
    If the trucks stop moving there will be no economy. It is just that simple.
     **G**

savarin

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2020, 07:50:59 AM »
I'm just going to say "Take great care guys, we still have a very long way to go"
If I say any more I will be using my 10 year supply of profanities against ALL officials of all political persuasions than is permissible and it would be very difficult to stop once started.
They are all suffering from strongest cases of the Dunning-Kruger effect ever seen.

Terrywerm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2020, 09:12:07 AM »

I am just very thankful that they are keeping me more or less close to home lately so that food for the day can be brought along from home. It would be a real pain in the kiester if I was on the road all week. We have established a policy of not dealing directly with customers, instead when we switch out a trailer at a customer site we simply leave their paperwork in the back of the trailer that we left behind. When I purchase fuel my receipt prints out directly at the pump. In short, I don't have to interact with anyone during my work day, despite the fact that I am moving around the upper Midwest all the time.

Charles, I believe you are correct, we are closer to the beginning of this mess than we are to the end. The worst part is that people that should be staying home are not doing it. I just saw two pickups go by with four wheelers all loaded up on trailers, headed out of town to go wheeling where ever. I understand that people feel the need to get out and do things, but the more people travel the more they interact with others, which results in greater and faster spread of the disease. Our younger people aren't worried about it for themselves, as most of them will have little if any ill effects from it, but they forget that they can and will spread it to friends and family that are at greater risk to severe health issues or even death.

Gator, like you said, our politicians do things just to show that they did something. They're all running around right now with their hair on fire. At the risk of getting political, some of my friends who do not particularly care for our President have been fear mongering among themselves because the President has been letting the state officials handle things instead of setting a bunch of national policy. This sort of thing is better left to state officials as they can better ascertain what their area needs. Blanket policies and rules that cover the whole country the same way would not properly address things. Somebody living out in the middle of Wyoming that rarely sees his closest neighbor obviously doesn't need to take the same precautions as somebody living in an apartment in New York City and using mass transit to get around town. The current infection maps prove that out.

At one point yesterday I was on I-90/I-94 in central Wisconsin and there were very few cars on the road. As far as I could see ahead and behind it was almost all trucks with only a car here and there. Sort of reminded me of I-80 on the south side of Chicago at 4 AM on a Monday morning. So, it does appear that some folks are staying home. Gosh, right now I could use a few days off to get caught up on things here at home, but since we handle part of America's solid waste (tires) we are considered essential and have to go. My run today will only take about nine hours, so I am in no hurry to get going. Traffic should thin out even more if I run later in the day and into the evening. Last night on my way home at 9 PM I had the road almost all to myself.

Didn't mean to get so long winded, fellas. Time to get another cup of Joe.

Terry

jpigg55

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2020, 09:24:08 AM »
Guilty ! Guess I hadnít considered what some professions are going through right now.
I can now appreciate what people like Terry are going through. I canít imagine having to travel far from home with many of the basic needs in short supply all the while risking their own health to do it so the rest of us can get by.
Whatís worse is that none of media or politicians are even talking about them to raise public awareness with maybe the exception of those in the medical community.
My life hasnít been impacted too much as Iím out in the middle of nowhere. Closest neighbor is over a half mile away as the crow flies. Got tons of room to go out and do whatever I want for the most part without the chance of becoming infected.

So a big thumbs up along with my prayers and thanks for those of you out on the front lines.  :bravo_2: :25:
SB 9A, Clausing 8520, Sanford MG 612

woodchucker

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2020, 09:24:34 AM »
we are all reading stories in the news I am sure.

Just saw two that make me shake my head.
Two gorgeous girls, both w/out the brains they needed.

One said she would not get the virus, and therefore would not social distance. Well she got it after telling millions on line how she can't get it. Now she's reallying hurting. She was from Tennessee.

The other, really sad, committed suicide rather than be social distancing. She didn't want to be cut off from the world. Gorgeous.. But no longer here on earth.

Very sad. I don't understand.

Jeff
Clausing 8520   SB Model 9a - power hacksaw, Milwaukee band saw in a table.  Delta Rockwell Surface Grinder (not online yet .. being rebuilt where am I going to stick this)

Terrywerm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2020, 11:46:09 AM »

Jimmy, I appreciate the comments and words of thanks. However, I am just doing my job to the best of my ability. I only had to make a few simple adjustments, which first seemed like a pain in the butt, so I consider myself lucky. I can easily stay away from others, so I am not that concerned for myself. I am most concerned for those in the health care professions. People like Daryl (Uglydog) who is an EMT, doctors, nurses, dentists and others in the medical profession probably run the greatest risk of contracting it themselves. People who work in personal care, like home care or nursing home staff are the ones that get heavily affected as they have to make huge adjustments to prevent infecting the people that they care for, let alone contract it themselves.

I haven't seen my dad now in three weeks and currently cannot go to visit him, and would not even if I could right now. Luckily, he is in good health for his age (83) but suffers from dementia. He tends to stay busy so is seldom in his room, and reaching him on the phone can be difficult. The staff where he lives are top notch people and we received the photo below from them yesterday.  Sadly, his memory issues prevent him remembering or understanding what is currently going on around us. On the other hand, he can't remember whether or not anyone has come to visit him.

Easter is approaching but it looks like a family gathering will not occur, which I thoroughly understand and agree with.

Terry

PJB

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2020, 03:18:10 PM »
I hadnít thought about people with older family members in care facilities but seeing photos like that hits home that yeah they are stuck there with family on the outside.   I wonít go see my mom until this is somewhat over even though sheís not in one of these places.  Right now shes living at my sisters house holed up in the BR except for coming down to eat.   Makes me feel fortunate to be still working.   Last week or so Ive stayed in my office most of the day with the door closed most of the way.   Put a sign saying knock and come in if itís important otherwise call me.
All I can say is itís going to suck to be a garden variety cold or flu bug from now on.   Everything they used to live on and propogate is sterilized to the point they canít live anymore !!!
"I wants what you gots!"

savarin

« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2020, 09:19:51 PM »
Most of you probably know Australians are forced to vote or pay a fine. How that can be called "Democracy" I do not know.
Our illustrious insignificant leaders have stated in one breath that we must not gather in groups and practice safe distancing and self isolation.
In the next breath they state we have to vote and its no more risky than shopping for groceries.
Both of these practices are of equal risk of contracting covid-19 but perish the thought we have to postpone an election for brain dead moronic local councilors. :41:

Terrywerm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2020, 02:30:09 AM »

Typical modern government. They feel that they have to keep writing new laws or they are not doing their job. Next thing you know they have so many laws that the laws and regulations begin to contradict one another, as you are seeing. A person cannot exist without breaking one law or another!     :banghead:

Forced to vote? I guess I just learned something new about Australian government.  :040:   
Terry

ddickey

« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2020, 06:36:43 AM »
Yeah Terry and why a democracy is a terrible form of government.

woodchucker

« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2020, 08:11:03 AM »
Most of you probably know Australians are forced to vote or pay a fine. How that can be called "Democracy" I do not know.
Our illustrious insignificant leaders have stated in one breath that we must not gather in groups and practice safe distancing and self isolation.
In the next breath they state we have to vote and its no more risky than shopping for groceries.
Both of these practices are of equal risk of contracting covid-19 but perish the thought we have to postpone an election for brain dead moronic local councilors. :41:

wear a mask, and safety glasses. Use wipes to clean your face and hands before removing both, then remove them, then wipe again with a new wipe.
seriously... how  you clean up is as important as the order of the steps.

Jeff

pep

« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2020, 08:19:39 AM »
Have the ballet mailed, apply for absentee ballot. Start working on it now, they get them out pretty fast. I do not and have not gone to a poll in years