Author Topic: MySore Kirloskar Enterprise 10 rebuild  (Read 3366 times)

woodchucker

Re: MySore Kirloskar Enterprise 10 rebuild
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2019, 06:51:20 PM »
I have no patients for those people that get on the internet and tell all crap about how great something is when it ainít. AND I donít have any patients for those people that donít know a good thing when it stares them in the face and then they smuck it on the net.

well that's why opinions are like assholes.
Jeff
Clausing 8520   SB Model 9a - power hacksaw, Milwaukee band saw in a table.  Delta Rockwell Surface Grinder (not online yet .. being rebuilt where am I going to stick this)
For pics: https://imgur.com/user/woodchucker/posts

34_40

« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2019, 06:57:35 PM »
And we all have one and they all stink!  :P
Clausing 108, Clausing 8520, Atlas Horizontal, Lincoln stick and mig welders

Carpenter84

« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2019, 07:27:32 PM »
Hahahaha

Jeff... You said you don't trust it reversing... Are they directional???
Shawn

First 9x42 column mill,
Enterprise 10x28 lathe,
Ko Lee 6x12 surface grinder,
Airco dip/stick 160 welder,
Fully stocked wood shop.

ddickey

« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2019, 08:49:34 AM »
Yes they're. I had one on my old lathe (2). They worked well for me.

woodchucker

« Reply #139 on: July 07, 2019, 09:39:38 AM »
Hahahaha

Jeff... You said you don't trust it reversing... Are they directional???

sure, they are only supposed to run in one direction. The tabs that come out the bottom drive the direction.
I think the tabs are supposed to face rear ward around the sheave.
Jeff
Clausing 8520   SB Model 9a - power hacksaw, Milwaukee band saw in a table.  Delta Rockwell Surface Grinder (not online yet .. being rebuilt where am I going to stick this)
For pics: https://imgur.com/user/woodchucker/posts

Carpenter84

« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2019, 10:49:22 AM »
I did not know this...
Shawn

First 9x42 column mill,
Enterprise 10x28 lathe,
Fully stocked wood shop.

Carpenter84

« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2019, 10:54:40 PM »
I replaced the belt with a cog belt. Runs fine.
Got everything back together and made the first part. A clutch puller for my boss.
Everything started out noisy but quieted down by the end of the job. For some reason, I cannot get lucky with belts that donít clunk. Makes me me wonder if one of the pulleys is eccentric.
Also, the banjo and gear box are as noisy as ever... like the apocalypse rolling through my garage... sure wish I could swap the gears out with helical gears to shut them up.... most of the noise is gear mesh and teeth clinking together. So freaking noisy... without the banjo engaged, itís whisper quiet.

Things were running a bit warm tho... honesty, mostly belts. Spent some time as I was working playing with tensions and preloaded. Iím not sure itís 100% yet, but itís coming.
That 1.5hp motor makes all the difference in the world... I can finally take a good cut now... pending I buy better inserts... still not satisfied with my insert tooling...  but no more motor stalls! However, I am going to have an issue with the underpowered vfd. Maybe next month after the credit card bills have been cleared, Iíll grab another 2hp like I got for the mill. Then Iíll have plenty of headroom and power for a future motor upgrade, or if the vfd is needed for another machine.
Shawn

First 9x42 column mill,
Enterprise 10x28 lathe,
Fully stocked wood shop.