Author Topic: What Did You Do Today  (Read 20415 times)

Carpenter84

Re: What Did You Do Today
« Reply #390 on: May 06, 2019, 09:56:19 AM »
That videos quite funny.
Shawn

First 9x42 column mill,
Enterprise 10x28 lathe,
Ko Lee 6x12 surface grinder,
Airco dip/stick 160 welder,
Fully stocked wood shop.

Terrywerm

• Global Moderator
  • It's only down the road a little piece - Jordan MN
« Reply #391 on: May 07, 2019, 12:56:14 AM »
We have magpies in the western US. I often see them when visiting family in South Dakota, Nebraska, Colorado and Utah. I also have seen them all around Minnesota except around the Twin Cities area. Since I never see them where I live, I guess I must live too close to Minneapolis!  Thankfully, our American magpies are not nearly so aggressive as their Australian cousins!
Terry

Making chips with old machines!

savarin

« Reply #392 on: May 07, 2019, 02:52:11 AM »
I love them, if you feed them they become friends, it seems they have a memory of up to 5 years so if they see you elsewhere they will pop down to beg for food.
I had one family of four that would enter the lounge and sing for food, an awesome sound, just hoped they wouldnt crap on the furniture.
All jokes aside there are about 1% that are vicious bastards and these are the ones that swoop around the nesting season, people have been hospitalised from the wounds they can inflict.

grumpygator

« Reply #393 on: May 08, 2019, 05:20:06 AM »
C,
 So that's where that "Crow Eater" phrase comes from?
   **G**

Jake Parker

« Reply #394 on: May 09, 2019, 10:24:56 PM »
Pecan trees suround my house. Pecan trees are self shedding. I now have to put a second windshield in my wifes van. The current winshield is less than 2 months old. Im not happy, nor is she.
I proposed a 20'x30' carport.
She said yes, but where she wants it would require one of the pecan trees to be cut down.
So, the chainsaw got oiled, sharpend and fueled.
Now I have wood for the smoker that will last me a few years!

PJB

« Reply #395 on: May 17, 2019, 12:55:17 AM »
Dang. Do you at least get some pecans from them???

Needed to do a job today that required a #1 morse taper.   Cutting from 4140 pre-hard material.  Really wish I had a CNC lathe but unfortunately I do not.    So I spent 45 minutes mounting the taper attachment and swapping out leads screws.    (The taper attachment has a special splined lead screw.)  Its really quite a pita.    Then to get the exact angle set and not rely on trying to guess based on hash marks, I calculated the cross slide travel for 1 of carriage travel.    Cheated using cad🤪.  Checked with a mag indicator in X and the DRO in Z.    Amazingly just eyeballing the hash marks it was almost dead nuts first try.      Anyway it is a good opportunity to get some photos and document the DRO reader mounting.    arrangement.   
I want what yooz gots

PJB

« Reply #396 on: May 17, 2019, 12:57:02 AM »
I want what yooz gots

Terrywerm

• Global Moderator
  • It's only down the road a little piece - Jordan MN
« Reply #397 on: May 17, 2019, 11:17:23 PM »

Got back into town today only to find that one of my strobe lights had quit working. There are four on the truck, two up on top of the sleeper, they are the typical LED "bubble gum machine" amber strobes. The other two are mounted to the front of the air cleaner housings. The one that quit working is on the front of the right side air cleaner, so I removed it only to find that its sheet aluminum mounting bracket was corroded too far to be of any real use any longer. I checked the left one and it was nearly as bad. These brackets were done by one of our mechanics about 7 or 8 years ago, and they were simply pinched between two pieces of the housing. Not worth a tinker's damn.

So I whipped out these two brackets in about half an hour once I got home. Tomorrow morning I will install them before having to leave to do a local county cleanup about 45 minutes from the shop. I'll add pics of them installed tomorrow.

Terry

Making chips with old machines!

Jake Parker

« Reply #398 on: May 18, 2019, 05:40:10 AM »
Dang. Do you at least get some pecans from them???

There are 3 more Pecan trees that are so big, 2 grown men could not reach around them!
Every fall its a race between my wife and the squirrels!

Jake Parker

« Reply #399 on: May 18, 2019, 07:11:22 PM »
A trailer repair job came into my life!

Jake Parker

« Reply #400 on: May 18, 2019, 07:13:51 PM »
Thia is all the old floor on its way to the burn pile.
Iv had this new tractor for about 8 months, and have decided I will NEVER be without a frontend loader again!

Jake Parker

« Reply #401 on: May 18, 2019, 07:15:54 PM »
The new floor, and new l.e.d.lights complete with new wiring.
I got all the holes drilled and all but 5 bolts cinched down before a cloudburst shut me and the boy down.

Jake Parker

« Reply #402 on: May 18, 2019, 07:23:37 PM »
Tomorrow after church, I will start on the banana shaped ramp.

pep

« Reply #403 on: May 18, 2019, 10:36:40 PM »
PJB,

What  camera you are using ?

The mods to the belt sander continued:

1 on the operating table

2 amputation completed

3 & 4 caster and mount set

Welding begins tomorrow, most likely on the floor also.

One more mod to be completed

4GSR

« Reply #404 on: May 19, 2019, 07:47:48 AM »
Your afraid your patient is going to get away during surgery? You have it strapped down there. ;D ;D ;D :D
Ken